SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Fri Dec 14 15:02:11 AEST 1990

As quoted from <4754 at auspex.auspex.com> by guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris):
+---------------
| >Or how about instead of silently truncating a file name > 14
| >characters, giving you a nice big fat error in the middle of a make or
| >something until you clear a flag?
|
| POSIX allows either behavior, but, as I remember from previous
| discussions of this topic, the FIPS ((US) Federal Information Processing
| Standard) based on POSIX 1003.1 requires the ENAMETOOLONG error for
| this.

Remind me never to take a programming job that involves U.S. government work.
Those cretins *would* do something stupid like this.

Maybe they'll demand that people program in FORTRAN next.

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN