lousy manuals

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Sun Dec 16 05:23:45 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec15.031230.20266 at metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU> dawes at suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) writes:
>In article <9583 at b11.ingr.com> richard at xanth.ingr.com (Richard Griffiths ) writes:
>>I have the Prentice Hall AT&T System V 386 manuals.  In the
>>Administrator's Reference manual the id* commands for reconfiguring the
>>kernel refer to  the Programmer's Reference manual section 4.  Imagine
>>my suprise! section 4 doesn't have mtune, stune or anything relating to
>>tunable parameters.

>Either the manuals
>have are not 3.2 (maybe 3.0?) or they are collector's items!

I suspect David is right.  Prentice Hall was out the 3.2 Programmer's
Reference Manuals for several months.  An ISC UNIX I got last month
came with a 3.0 version of the manual.  The ISBN (on the back cover)
for the 3.2 version is 0-13-944901-9.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)