What's this INTERACTIVE EISA patch?

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Mon Dec 24 03:25:30 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec23.014657.22214 at medicus.com> mca at medicus.com (Mark Adams) writes:

>Can anyone provide more details on this "EISA fix" for INTERACTIVE? What
>specific problems is it supposed to fix? What versions of INTERACTIVE
>does it pertain to? I ask because we've been running DigiBoard's
>DigiCHANNEL C/16 EISA cards under 2.02 and 2.2 for awhile now without
>difficulty. Are we just lucky?

I *think* the problems are associated with using memory above 16MB - be it
main memory, adaptor memory, etc.  I'm not sure if there were any other
problems.  We had ISC UNIX 2.2 runing on a 486/25 EISA and could only
address memory <=16MB.  We had some problems booting with a Weitek 4167,
but have yet to try it with the EISA patch to see if that problem has
been fixed.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170