can I run SCO UNIX (SYSV not XENIX) on a sx

Ken Seefried iii ken at dali.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 14 04:35:12 AEST 1990

In article <9952 at darkstar.ucsc.edu> iago at ucscb.UCSC.EDU (tsource) writes:
>I am going to be buying a sco unix machine that is a sx. I can not afford
>a larger machine.  SCO said they never tried on a sx but shaw no reson why
>not, but refused to let me talk to one their tech people.

SCO unix will run on an sx.  I've been running an PCBrand sx with it
for severral months.

>So I am stuck
>asking here if I have enough drive (40-meg) and enough ram at least 4 meg.

Disk: not if you want to do anything.  Base OS+extended utilities
(things like csh and vi)+swap run about 32MB.  Thats without
networking, dos or X.  Certainly without any development tools.

Memory: 4 is probably fine if your not running X and/or lot's of
people logged in.

>Will it work.  Also is the 4-meg mesured by word size or is it 4 megx8
>not 4megx16 or 4mrgx32.

Memory is measured x8.

--
	ken seefried iii	"A sneer, a snarl, a whip that
	ken at dali.gatech.edu	 stings...these are a few of