can I run SCO UNIX (SYSV not XENIX) on a sx

Aris Stathakis aris at tabbs.UUCP
Wed Dec 12 18:59:45 AEST 1990

In <9952 at darkstar.ucsc.edu> iago at ucscb.UCSC.EDU (tsource) writes:

>I am going to be buying a sco unix machine that is a sx. I can not afford
>a larger machine.  SCO said they never tried on a sx but shaw no reson why
>not, but refused to let me talk to one their tech people.  So I am stuck
>asking here if I have enough drive (40-meg) and enough ram at least 4 meg.
>Will it work.  Also is the 4-meg mesured by word size or is it 4 megx8
>not 4megx16 or 4mrgx32.

SCO UNIX and SCO XENIX will work on a 386SX.  I think SCO's mininum
requirement for SCO UNIX is 40MB of disk and 2 MB of ram, so you
should be ok.

Aris

--
 Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris at tabbs.UUCP