Wangtek QIC tape drives

Richard Ducoty duc at mport.COM
Thu Dec 13 04:33:03 AEST 1990

dawes at suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) writes:

>I recently bought a Wangtek 5125EN tape drive and PC-36 controller.  The
>drive is supposedly a 60MB unit.  The documentation that came with it seems
>to be somewhat out of date, and looks like it would be more applicable to
>a 5099EN drive.  The controller documentation also doesn't match the
>controller.  I got the drive from a warehouse sale, so I can't really get
>much help from them.

Wangtek Tech support will help you - You can buy a technical manual from
them for $30. Sorry, I don't have the phone # offhand.  They are in southern
California.

The 5125EN is a 125MB tape if my memory serves me.  The 5099EN is a 60MB
and the 5150EN a 150MB drive.  That explains why the 5099EN couldn't read
a 5125EN tape, but the 5150EN could.

You should be able to read QIC-24 tapes.   Call Wangtek -

Richard Ducoty		        \\\\\\\
Microport Inc.		          (.)(.) 			root at mport.com
voice=> (408) 438-8649	             >	 		  	duc at mport.com
fax=>   (408) 438-7560		    -				uunet!mport!duc
                          " militiae species amor est "