SCO's C2 came to the rescue!!!

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.cactus.org
Tue Dec 11 13:03:46 AEST 1990

In <36 at unigold.UUCP>, lance at unigold.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) wrote:

> I am sick and tired of hearing everyone say SCO's C2
> is not worth anything... Here is an example of someplace
> it *DID* help...

> One day I tried to call in from home and found the terminal
> line Disabled by the C2 security.. This seemed odd..

> We have checked EVERYONE's accounts and they are all ok with
> no illegal accesses found.

> Thus we concluded that someone was TRYING to break in to our
> system but gave up after being locked out after a few tries
> each day...

Whoa!  That's quite a leap of faith.  Going from "C2 shut down
terminal line" -> "no illegal access" -> "someone was trying to
break in"?  Sounds like we're still clueless as to what happened.
Occam's Razor: there's probably a bug in the C2 code.

> We are THANKFUL that SCO *DID* Have C2 in the system or that
> person may have actually GOTTEN in!!

The power switch is even more effective than C2, and from the sounds
of the complaints, might have less impact on productivity.  :-)
--
James R. Van Artsdalen          james at bigtex.cactus.org   "Live Free or Die"
Dell Computer Co    9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759         512-338-8789