Problems with AHA1542B (DAMN BIOS !) and ISC 2.2 (won't boot !)

Tim Addington tima at bcs800.UUCP
Wed Dec 19 23:13:26 AEST 1990

In <1220 at aut.autelca.ascom.ch> nbladt at aut.autelca.ascom.ch (Norbert Bladt) writes:

>As you may guess, I have a big problem, here.
>After inserting the boot floppy for ISC 2.2 the text
>Booting the UNIX System...
>is shown on the screen, but that's it. The system just hangs
>after accessing the floppy several times.

I have had this same problem and it turned out to be an interrupt problem.
that seems to be to point where ISC hangs if the Adaptec card is not set
for the interrupt configured in the kernel.  Have you tried setting the
AHA card to different interrupt levels?  I'm not sure what the boot floppy
is expecting for an interrupt but it seem like maybe 11 (or 14)?  Of course,
this could just be the general crash and burn point for an Interactive boot
and your problem could be something totally unrelated.