SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Dec 10 01:47:57 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec7.155921.14639 at ping.uucp> gorpong at ping.uucp (Gordon C. Galligher) writes:

| >  If you forget that you will be ahead of the game. ^ is an archaic form
| >of pipe (as |) not ';'.
|
| Yea, it would be a good idea to forget that! :-)  The fact still remains that
| if you use a blind 'stty intr' in a shell layer, you will reboot your
| machine.

  I did not intend my correction to imply that the effect was not as
Gordon said, and rebooting the machine is a major problem. I simply
wanted to correct the analysis of the path between the input and the
boot via ^. Hope that didn't confuse anyone.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX