SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Bill England wengland at stephsf.stephsf.com
Wed Dec 12 12:09:26 AEST 1990

>* grep --- why should I have to remember that, ouyt of all the System V
>  machines in the office, only the SCO Pseudnix machine uses "-y" to do case-
>  ignored searches?  All the others use "-i".
>--
>Me: Brandon S. Allbery   Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG

  Un huh.  YOU did try "grep -i" ????

  It does work but, the manual page forgets to mention it  :-)  I was
  supprised because I've been 'grep -i'ing for the past year and
  a half and never noticed that it was not in the manual page.

  I kind of like the 'C2' software options.  Most of these are burried
  in user level programs and not the kernal however.  I believe that the
  only significant _kernal_ mod is the addition of an additional uid (luid?).
  In my mind this makes SCO's Unix kernal not significantly different from
  other Unix's to worry about (let alone flame over.)