SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Fri Dec 14 15:09:22 AEST 1990

As quoted from <445 at stephsf.stephsf.com> by wengland at stephsf.stephsf.com (Bill England):
+---------------
| >* grep --- why should I have to remember that, ouyt of all the System V
| >  machines in the office, only the SCO Pseudnix machine uses "-y" to do case-
| >  ignored searches?  All the others use "-i".
| >--
| >Me: Brandon S. Allbery   Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG
|
|   Un huh.  YOU did try "grep -i" ????
+---------------

Maybe it's in the new 3.2.2 that will remain vaporware for us until our device
drivers are ported to it.  But I *did* try it, which is why the outburst:  I
got a usage message which didn't show "i" and *did* show "y".  After which I
consulted the manual and finished off my adding another line to the problems
list I regularly feed to Altos in an attempt to get them to switch back to
running Unix on their hardware.

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN