SCO doesn't sell UNIX

Bill England wengland at stephsf.stephsf.com
Sun Dec 16 07:13:52 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec14.040922.29479 at NCoast.ORG> allbery at ncoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) writes:

>Maybe it's in the new 3.2.2 that will remain vaporware for us until our device
>drivers are ported to it.  But I *did* try it, which is why the outburst:  I
>got a usage message which didn't show "i" and *did* show "y".  After which I
>
>++Brandon

  Sorry Brandon, I'm running SCO-ODT and grep -i
  works like it is supposed to.  Some details;
----
  release:        3.2
  node name:      stephsf
  version:        2
  machine name:   i386
  time of crash:  Sat Dec 15 12:09:06 1990

$ grep -?
grep: illegal option -- ?
Usage: grep -hblcnsvi [-e expr] [-f expr_file] pattern file . . .
---
  I've had this software since the begining of the year, actually Dec 89,
  as part of SCO's Developer program.

  The grep man page is incorrect however as it lists the y option and
  not the i option.

  If you have an SCO Sys V deviations list I would be interested in
  seeing it.

  Thanks,
--
 +-  Bill England,  wengland at stephsf.COM -----------------------------------+
 |   * *      H -> He +24Mev                                                |