Help on tape drive interoperability/reliability

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Fri Nov 23 03:53:55 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov22.090941.7209 at jadpc.cts.com> jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com (Jim Deitch) writes:
>In article <1712 at chinacat.Unicom.COM> chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
>>there was a PAL which prevented the adapters and drives from being
>>interchanged.
>I don't think the security pal has to do with drive swaps.

You are absolutely correct - my memory has been restored.  The issue
was controller/driver compatibility, not controller/drive compatibility.

--
Chip Rosenthal  512-482-8260  |  We was raising insurance premiums, ma.
Unicom Systems Development    |  We was spreading fear of arson.