Help on tape drive interoperability/reliability

Barton A. Fisk barton at holston.UUCP
Thu Nov 22 16:18:11 AEST 1990

In article <335 at metran.UUCP> jay at metran.UUCP (Jay Ts) writes:
>In article <53180005 at hpindda.cup.hp.com>, rajs at hpindda.cup.hp.com (Rajeev Seth) writes:
>> Everex tech support told me that it is not good enough that two different
>> tape drives/machines read/write QIC-24 because the controller card for the
>> drive has some security PAL chip that attempts to make sure data is read
>> back on the same machine it was archived from. Do you guys find this to be
>> true with other brand drives or not?

Hmmm..I have found this to *NOT* be true at all, as I have a customer
that has 3 boxes all with Everex QIC-24 drives and we regularly move
tapes back and forth between all three.

--
uucp: holston!barton
pseudo: barton at holston.UUCP