Ultrastore 12C Caching Controller

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Nov 28 14:35:14 AEST 1990

In article <103 at astph.UUCP> bob at astph.UUCP (Bob Ford) writes:
| We are running ISC 2.2 UNIX on a 386 system.  We have just started
| an evaluation of the new Ultrastore 12C ESDI disk caching controller.
| Does anyone out there have experience with this controller?

  This is the controller Dell ships with their boxes. While it's fast
and all, it has some interesting characteristics which cause it to
sometimes not want to run a drive unmapped (limiting you to 512MB) or
deciding that the spt is something other than what the drive vendor
specified.

  The people who have it at work call it the "Ultrastrange" and have
replaced most of them with the CompuAdd caching controller, which works
with disks up to 15Mbit. I think the Ultrastor goes 20 or even 25 Mbit
if that's what you need.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX