Ultrastore 12C Caching Controller

Bob Ford bob at astph.UUCP
Wed Nov 28 08:24:25 AEST 1990

We are running ISC 2.2 UNIX on a 386 system.  We have just started
an evaluation of the new Ultrastore 12C ESDI disk caching controller.
Does anyone out there have experience with this controller?  How
about compatability with ISC 2.2? We have been using the DPT ESDI
controller with good results - it is listed as a compatible item with
ISC.  However, its expensive, and uses proprietary memory modules
that are as much as $150-$200 per MB.  The Ultrastore 12C uses
industry standard 100 ns SIMMS.

adTHANKSvance for sharing your experience with the 12C.