Ultrastore 12C Caching Controller

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.cactus.org
Wed Nov 28 19:33:20 AEST 1990

In <2432 at sixhub.UUCP>, davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) wrote:

| In article <103 at astph.UUCP> bob at astph.UUCP (Bob Ford) writes:

| We are running ISC 2.2 UNIX on a 386 system.  We have just started
| an evaluation of the new Ultrastore 12C ESDI disk caching controller.

>   This is the controller Dell ships with their boxes.

Quick correction: Dell ships the 12F, not the 12C.  The 12F does not
have a cache, just a 32K track buffer.  The 12F also has a floppy
controller - I do not know if the 12C does.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen          james at bigtex.cactus.org   "Live Free or Die"
Dell Computer Co    9505 Arboretum Blvd Austin TX 78759         512-338-8789