JUMBO tape driver

Rajeev Seth rajs at hpindda.cup.hp.com
Mon Nov 19 11:40:12 AEST 1990

I have Interactive's 2.2 unix and in the compatibility list it says CMS
Jumbo tape backup works with it. Does this mean that you people's experience is
different and the Interactive floppy tape driver does not work well with the
Jumbo tape backup.

I have also been told that floppy tape drives are less
reliable. Is that really true? If so, how. The choice for me right now,
(I'm looking to buy a tape backup) is to go with Jumbo ($250) or a
streaming 60MB tape unit such as that by Everex (DC600A 1/4" cartridges
and QIC-24 format, costing $660). I don't care much for speed but do care
for reliability, but is it worth the $400 difference to go for the
cartridge tape drive.