JUMBO tape driver

Metallica Rules savage at tigger.Colorado.EDU
Wed Nov 28 16:24:42 AEST 1990

In article <333 at metran.UUCP> jay at metran.UUCP (Jay Ts) writes:
>Talk to CMS directly; I'm sure they will be happy to send you their latest
>driver version for you to try out.  But at least wait for rev. 2.39, OK?

I have been working with them since version 1.2 or so, and they keep trying,
but all I want out of it is tar.  Right now with my version you can tar to
tape, but you can not get the data back.  At least I know my stuff is backed
up, but I can't get it if I accidently delete a file, :(.

>Oh, one more thing. CMS seems to have much more confidence in their "jumperless
>controller card" than the floppy controller.  It's (I think) $125 extra, but
>probably worth it.

Yeah, I had to get the Jumperless controller card to run the tape drive, but it
was due to having too many floppy drives and not enough support.  It, the card,
has worked flawlessly.

I am running ISC 2.2, but I didn't have the same problem as Jay.  Mine
installed with no hitches.

>				Jay Ts

Chuck
savage%tigger at boulder.colorado.edu