Running DOS Programs while under UNIX

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
Tue Nov 27 04:50:07 AEST 1990

In article <price.659584555 at chakra> price at chakra.unl.edu (Chad Price) writes:
>In <4325 at sactoh0.SAC.CA.US> cen at sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Charles E. Newman) writes:
>

>>I read once that there are versions of the UNIX ... that will let you run DOS
>>programs ...
>
>Yes It is true. No they do not run  bug-free..

After many months of running SCO ODT, I have yet to encounter a
problem with the MERGE DOS support.  I have run all sorts of hackery
on it: keyboard, VGA and comm port mungers, Word 5, and a whole bunch more.
Of course, I wouldn't load Lotus if it were free.  Such druk that
wants to screw with strange disk I/O (copy protection schemes)
*won't* work with DOS under UNIX.