X windows on SCO

Jim Santos jsantos at bubba.ma30.bull.com
Fri Nov 2 09:41:45 AEST 1990

Hi,
	I have a couple of questions for all you X windows experts out
there - especially those of you who are unlucky enough to be running
it under SCO 3.2 (like me).

1) In the man page for Xsight, it says that you can give it the
argument '-logo' to cause it to use a screen saver that displays the X
window icon at various palces on the screen.  I do this by starting X
via the command 'startx -- X :0 -logo -p 5'.  It has no effect (it still
blanks to black).  But if I pass it a different argument, like '-save
12', that argument works.  If I give it 'startx -- X :0 -logo -p -v
off', it blanks out my application windows but not my root window and begins
drawing X logos over my root window!  Am I doing something wrong or is
there something wierd about the X server?  I realize this isn't a very
urgent question, but it has made me curious.

2) What does one need to do to use xdm under SCO?  No matter what I do, I
still get the regular login banner.  I read the man pages, I have the
configuration files in /usr/lib/X11/xdm and still zippo.  I'm sure its
something basic that I am doing wrong, but since I am kind of new to
this...

---------
Jim Santos
Bull Worldwide Information Systems