VPIX / MS-DOS Kermit query

jrd at cc.usu.edu jrd at cc.usu.edu
Tue Nov 20 13:03:07 AEST 1990

	VPIX (aka Simutask) and MS-DOS Kermit -
	I have a stable of AT&T Unix machines SV3.2 and I also found that
Kermit would not run. The reason seemed to be, as I recall, that the address
in segment 40h for the serial ports was empty. Well, one easy way of fixing
that is to get v3.02/development of Kermit from Columbia's archives (in
directories ~kermit/bin for file mstibm.exe and ~kermit/test for mstibm.boo
and msr302.upd). There is a new command to force the address into 40h while
Kermit runs.
	Curiously, I haven't tried that here because I gave up on Simultask.
But I can offer to make some progress on the problem. I can resurect Simultask
and have a go at the matter and then later inform AT&T of the workarounds.
It will take about a week to get to that matter. Meanwhile MSK v3.02/dev
still runs very nicely to AT&T Unix from a real DOS machine.
	Joe D.