VPIX / MS-DOS Kermit query

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Sat Nov 24 04:57:15 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov19.200307.42824 at cc.usu.edu> jrd at cc.usu.edu writes:
>	VPIX (aka Simutask) and MS-DOS Kermit -
>	I have a stable of AT&T Unix machines SV3.2 and I also found that
>Kermit would not run. The reason seemed to be, as I recall, that the address
>in segment 40h for the serial ports was empty.

I had the same problem running TAPCIS under "real" DOS.  For some
unknown reason, my AT didn't recognize the serial port in my Everex
internal modem, and the equipment flag at 40h showed no serial ports.
I ended up writing a short assembly program to poke the appropriate
value into the equipment flag, and everything was resolved.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)