How much does source cost?

John G. DeArmond jgd at rsiatl.UUCP
Thu Nov 8 04:28:15 AEST 1990

ts at cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) writes:

>About how much does it cost to get source to, say, SCO or ISC Unix?

My AT&T package on  the subject is 2 years old but in 1988, the kernal
and utilities license for V/386 was $80,000.  Binary redistribution
rights and unbundled utility rights are similiarly obscene.

This just goes to show that Unix truly is the product good enough
that even AT&T cannot kill.  Support Mach in your lifetime.

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC  | "The truly ignorant in our society are those people
Radiation Systems, Inc. | who would throw away the parts of the Constitution