Warning to ESIX buyers.

Terry Conklin conklin at frith.uucp
Sat Nov 17 12:59:53 AEST 1990

In article <473 at datran2.uunet> smb at datran2.uunet (Steven M. Boker) writes:
>I have not been so mistreated by a software company in a long time.  I
>am president and founder of Data Transforms, Inc.  We were the
>first member of the Software Publishers Association.  This kind
>of practice shines a foul light on all of the commercial developers
>out there...

ESIX has, in _every_ information packet ESIX has ever sent, included
their "Basic information packet" which specifies that there is no
upgrade. This is not to say that the practice of no upgrades is
acceptable.

On the other hand, it seems insanely inappropriate to talk about
'mistreatment' and then quote yourself as the first member of the
Software Publishers Association! One can hardly call the SPA's
"either you submit to our audit and fines or we sue you summarily" policy a
cornerstone of acceptable treatment!

Terry Conklin
conklin at egr.msu.edu
uunet!frith!conklin