TCP/IP under ISC

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at Kepler.dell.com
Wed Nov 21 05:15:33 AEST 1990

In article <12431 at uudell.dell.com>, mjhammel at Kepler.dell.com (Michael J.
Hammel) writes:
> compatible with other TCP/IP implementations.  Specifically, it doesn't
> seem too happy with System V.4 TCP/IP or SunOS 4.0.  Telnet's from the
> V.4 to a 1.2 system won't complete (they hang).  Rlogin's require the -8
> option in order to not get things confused when using vi.  There are
> some other things.  Basically, I've decided 1.1.2 is more compatible in
> a heterogenous network.

In fairness, I should say I did *not* have problems with Suns to/from
1.2 systems.  We were using Suns as controls in some of our tests.  I
got my data mixed up.  The problems we had were specifically from V4
systems to 1.2 systems.

Michael J. Hammel        | mjhammel@{Kepler|socrates}.dell.com
Dell Computer Corp.      | {73377.3467|76424.3024}@compuserve.com
#include <disclaim/std>  | zzham at ttuvm1.bitnet | uunet!uudell!feynman!mjhammel