Getty Respawing on ISC 2.2

Richard Karasik richard at octel.UUCP
Fri Nov 9 06:04:36 AEST 1990

Yeah,
check your inittab (/etc/inittab) . It turns out that some of the ISC
packages use the same bloody names in the inittab (field 1). Thus they
stomp each other when init runs. ie init is already running something
with that name and loses its tiny mind. Just change the names to all be
different and it should work.

This is what I found after all the normal broken reasons for things
respawning too rapidly were checked.	By the way the things ISC
suggests are ok - its just that things dont usually get that broken.
(OK OK my things dont usually get that broken)
Richard Karasik

richard at octel
... sun!kass!richard