Getty Respawing on ISC 2.2

Andreas Hoepfner hoepfner at usun01.UUCP
Fri Nov 9 19:11:04 AEST 1990

In <7422 at uwm.edu> harris at csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Kenneth Ray Harris) writes:

>I am trying to get a dialup line running on an ISC V2.2 system.
>I have two serial ports on the system configured as standard
>COM1 and COM2 ports. I try running a getty on /dev/ttyd0 and it
>displays an error about respawing too fast. The manual suggests
(deleted...)

No, I had the same problems some days ago and couldn't fix them
with the original drivers. I thing they have a bug handling
lines with modem control.....was discussed here for a long time !

The solution is installing the FAS 2.07 (don't know if this is
the latest revision ?) serial drivers. I also don't have problems
runnig my terminal with 19200 baud anymore.......

Andreas :-)

 |                   Andreas Hoepfner                                    |
 |     paper mail:                            e-mail:                    |
 | c/o/ SNI AG                   USA: hoepfner.kd at nixdorf.com            |
 | Abt. PU 2222                  !USA: hoepfner.kd at nixdorf.de            |
 | Heinz Nixdorf Ring                                                    |
 | D-4790 Paderborn                                                      |
 | tel.: (+49) 5251 107479                                               |