Warning to ESIX buyers.

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Mon Nov 19 09:37:23 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov17.230456.17516 at pegasus.com> richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:
>In article <2267 at jwt.UUCP> john at jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:
>>Just because Interactive or others sell such packages is
>>no reason to assume ESIX does so as well.

>What's wrong with assuming that vendors will act reasonably, and
>complaining when they don't?

Why do you consider it "unreasonable" that ESIX doesn't sell upgrade
package X, Y or Z?  Does the fact that these packages are sold by a
competing vendor -- whose product costs hundreds of dollars more --
mean that ESIX must also sell them?  As far as I'm concerned, ESIX
works as advertised.  They never claimed certain upgrade paths
existed (in fact, it was pointed out that they *didn't* exist), and I
planned my ESIX purchase accordingly.

I don't think it's "reasonable" to expect Porsche performance and
options at a Toyota price.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)