Warning to ESIX buyers.

-Jeff Ellis jde at everex.uucp
Tue Nov 20 04:36:53 AEST 1990

In article <473 at datran2.uunet> smb at datran2.uunet (Steven M. Boker) writes:
>An ESIX 2 user base system can be purchased either with or without
>the four diskettes that comprise the CSDS.  THERE IS NO OPTION THAT
>CAN BE PURCHASED.  Thats right folks.
Yes this is right..... You should pick well which one you buy, also
notice there is no upgrade between 2 user and unlimited user versions.

> If you buy an ESIX 2 user base
>system and don't ask for the CSDS, you will have to throw it away
>if you ever want those 4 diskettes.

WRONG. If you look at a ESIX Price list you will see that the 2-User version
with Software Development will run you $595 and the unlimited user $825.
Also if you look at the price list you see the versions with out C. These are
for people who are putting losts of copies of ESIX at a site and only need one
copy of the complier. Only way ESIX has been advertised in the Full unlimited
user version with C. But like I said pick well you can not change after.
BTW this polity in written out on the price list.

>This is really deceptive practices.  I encourage everyone who cares
>about these sorts of things to tell Ali at 415-683-2067.  I have
>not been so mistreated by a software company in a long time.  I
>am president and founder of Data Transforms, Inc.  We were the
>first member of the Software Publishers Association.  This kind
>of practice shines a foul light on all of the commercial developers
>out there that spend time energy and money in trying to make sure
>that customers get value for their money.

I think it was the fault of the dealer for not telling you all of the
information and partly your fault for not reading the price list your self.
The price list and other things like compatability lists are free from ESIX.

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V  UUCP:uunet!zardoz!everex!jde
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705