ULIMIT (was Re: inbound news is suddenly failing)

Support account support at ism780c.isc.com
Sat Nov 10 04:10:40 AEST 1990

In article <798 at sci34hub.UUCP> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:
>If ANYONE out there knows how to increase the kernal ULIMIT under
>ISC 1.0.6, PLEASE either post or email the information. I've dug
>thru everything I can find in the/etc/conf/modules directories, and

>From ancient memory, ULIMIT in that release was set
along with other tunables. The path to the file
which held the values began with /etc/atconf. You
should be able to search in subdirectories under that
for a configuration directory. The most simple way
to set ULIMIT would be to use "kconfig", configure a
kernel, and add tunable parameters, entering the tunable
name and a value. Kconfig would update the file with
the tunable values, then you should rebuild the kernel.
Hope this helps.