ULIMIT (was Re: inbound news is suddenly failing)

Jeff Jones jcj at rlgvax.UUCP
Wed Nov 14 04:07:57 AEST 1990

In article <50316 at ism780c.isc.com> support at ism780c.UUCP (Support account) writes:
>In article <798 at sci34hub.UUCP> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:
>>If ANYONE out there knows how to increase the kernal ULIMIT under
>>ISC 1.0.6, PLEASE either post or email the information. I've dug
>>thru everything I can find in the/etc/conf/modules directories, and
>
>From ancient memory, ULIMIT in that release was set
>along with other tunables. The path to the file
>which held the values began with /etc/atconf. You

Also from ancient memory, but here goes:

	We had problems once upon a time with this, and it turned out that
	ULIMIT was not the name of the tunable parameter for ulimit (nice,
	huh?).  I believe it was CDLIMIT, and, yes, the easiest way to change
	it was kconfig--->configure kernel--->add tunable parameters.

Gary, let me know if this works (hope it does....).

--
Jeff Jones		easy: jcj@{ropes,rlgvax}.opcr.icl.com	[Go Cubs!]
ICL Inc.		hard: uunet!rlgvax!jcj			[Next Year!]