ESIX and MCA

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Fri Nov 23 15:37:09 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov21.234653.26269 at pegasus.com> richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:
>>ESIX has always fixed bugs for me for free.  I am suprised when I hear of
>>so many problems with them.  Maybe they have an evil twin brother.  :-)
>>

>Some examples would be instructive here.

The curses library had a bug in the halfdelay() and they sent me a new library
after fixing it on my complaint.

I had problems with the tape drive driver and they sent me a new one.

The keyboard driver in Rel D has a problem under VP/ix.  The fixed it.  I'm
still waiting for this actually.  Thanks for the reminder to jog their elbow.

Also they helped me get ISC VP/ix running which I thought was nice since
it wasn't their product.  I didn't get much from the local dealer of the
VP/ix other than a double billing on my VISA.  In general I have found them
helpful and friendly whenever I have had to deal with them.

And most important of all the support guy I deal with (Jeff Ellis) is a
fellow DoDer.  :-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   I support gun control.