No Passwd for nuucp

sys0001 at dircon.uucp sys0001 at dircon.uucp
Sun Nov 11 06:04:56 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov03.153644.549 at dream.sublink.ORG> marlor at dream.sublink.ORG (Marco Lorenzini) writes:
>In <1990Nov01.183404.285 at am.sublink.org> alex at am.sublink.org (Alex Martelli) writes:
>
>>jeffl at comix.UUCP (Jeff Liebermann) writes:
>>>In SCO 3.2.2 with
>>>	C2 security (allegedly) turned off (relaxed)
>>>	/etc/default/login  includes  PASSREQ=NO
>>>....  However, as soon as the user (or nuucp)
>>>logs in immediatly thereafter, login complains that they don't
>>>have a password and demands one.
>
>>Have you tried the hack I previously suggested, that is to run, as
>>root, "passwd -d -x 7000 -n 7000 nuucp"?

>No, on Sco Unix your hack don't work also with C2 security relaxed.
>With Sco any user MUST have own password if want to be able to log
>on the system.

Not true. Use the sysadmsh, select Accounts/User/Examine, enter the
username from which you want to remove the password. Select "Password" from the
list of parameters displayed. Then, on the Password selection screen,
select:

	- No password required

Then go down to "Current password status" and select Remove. Finally,
select the No option of "Change Password at Login".

Do keep PASSREQ=NO in /etc/default/login.

sys0001 at dircon.UUCP   or   sys0001%dircon at ukc.ac.uk