No Passwd for nuucp

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Thu Nov 29 06:16:30 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov03.153644.549 at dream.sublink.ORG> marlor at dream.sublink.ORG (Marco Lorenzini) writes:
>In <1990Nov01.183404.285 at am.sublink.org> alex at am.sublink.org (Alex Martelli) writes:
>
>No, on Sco Unix your hack don't work also with C2 security relaxed.
>With Sco any user MUST have own password if want to be able to log
>on the system.

	While I haven't tried nuucp, I've set up SCO UNIX 3.2v2.0 systems
	where ROOT doesn't have a password and things work just fine.
	Maybe it's that psuedo users, like nuucp, must have passwords?
	Try opening the nuucp account as a user rather than a psuedo
	account.

	By the way, these systems are used in a test lab so it doesn't
	matter that root has no password...

			-Rob

Speaking for self, not company.