Does GNU's C Compiler Have a Full Screen Debugger?

Tim Pozar pozar at kumr.UUCP
Thu Nov 1 04:36:43 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct29.230734.1871 at sctc.com> stachour at sctc.com (Paul Stachour) writes:
>  Do you mean the codeview debugger available on MS-DOS with Microsoft-C?
>  If so, than I would not call that a full-screen debugger because:
>
> #1:  It requires two physical screens to do the debugging, one-to-run
>      and one-to-debug.

   Are you saying CodeView needs two different monitors?  If so, I
have found this to be untrue.  With a keystroke, I can move back and
forth between the 'debugging' screen with the source, registers, and
varibles displayed and, the "programme output" screen (text or
graphics).

   I think what is meant by "Full screen debugger" is that there is
a method to display the code, registers, ect and not destroy the
programme's screen at the same time while stepping through the code.
Old debuggers would use the same screen, therefore destroying what the
programme is painting on the screen.

                      Tim

--
  uunet!hoptoad!kumr!pozar Fido: 1:125/555 PaBell: (415) 788-3904
    USNail:  KKSF-FM / 77 Maiden Lane /  San Francisco CA 94108