Does GNU's C Compiler Have a Full Screen Debugger?

Douglas F. DeJulio dd26+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 1 00:26:33 AEST 1990

rmtodd at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Richard Michael Todd) writes:
> There's a *really sleazy* way to route the output of your program to a
> different window that I've used on occasion.  It works only under X
> Window...

Why do you say that your method works only under X?  Start up an emacs
shell session (M-x shell) and you can do the same thing in there.
It's still "sleazy", but it gets the desired effect of using three
emacs buffers -- one with source code, one with a debugger, and one
with program output.  This way it will work on a normal terminal.  Not
everyone can stomach the idea of running X11.
--
Doug DeJulio