parameters on CDC Wren IV, Adaptec 1542b

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Sun Nov 4 05:55:24 AEST 1990

I ran the SCSICNTL.EXE program to examine my CDC Wren IV (hooked up
to an Adaptec 1542b), and have some questions about the appropriate
settings.  The system is running Esix Rev D (SYSVR3 Unix).

Parameters:

                       Defaults      Current     Options

Disable Correction     enabled       enabled
Transfer on error      enabled       enabled
post error             disabled      disabled
early error correction disabled      disabled
read continuous        disabled      disabled
transfer block         disabled      disabled
auto read allocation   disabled      disabled
auto write allocation  disabled      disabled
retry count               27           27        1-255
buffer full ratio          4            4        0-255
buffer empty ratio         4            4        0-255
[a bunch of stuff about tracks/sectors per zone skipped for now]
write index enable     disabled      disabled
cache enable           disabled      disabled

What are the best settings to have on these parameters in my application?

Thanks in advance...

Bill

--
home:	...!{uunet,bloom-beacon,esegue}!world!unixland!bill
	bill at unixland.uucp,  bill%unixland.uucp at world.std.com
	Public Access Unix  - Esix SYSVR3 - (508) 655-3848
other:	heiser at world.std.com   Public Access Unix (617) 739-9753