ESIX questions

Martin J. Schedlbauer mschedlb at hawk.ulowell.edu
Wed Nov 28 15:29:07 AEST 1990

Fellow netlanders,

please allow me to ask you a few questions.

1. Where can I get Emacs for Esix, preferably by ftp. I have tried
ypig.stanford.edu, but I continuously get timeout errors.

2. I have recently upgraded my system to 16Mb on a 386-25 motherboard.
Esix correctly recognizes that memory as reported by memsize. However,
if I do a 'sar -r 5 600' it shows freemem = 2803 (which per System V's
2k page frame equals less than 6MB of memory). Where did the rest of the
memory go? I expected about 12-13 Mb after kernel and data areas are
allocated.

3. I use the Esix FFS. To get maximu performance should I increase
NBUF&NHBUF, or FFSBUFFERS (or both). BTW, what is FFSBUFFERS anyways?

	thanks very much,
	...Martin

Martin J. Schedlbauer
Graphics Research Laboratory, Department of Computer Science, WL 118
University of Lowell
Lowell, MA 01854 (USA)			(508) 934-3612