Some questions from novice X11 user on ISC UNIX 386 (long)

Steven King sking at nowhere.uucp
Thu Nov 29 15:01:00 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov27.120212.15145 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

$>>1) X11 and virtual screens
$>
$>>As it appears to me, X11 is not well integrated with virtual screens (VTs).
$>>After starting the X-server and -clients on some VT, I can well switch away
$>>from this VT, but switching back doesn't work (the particular VT is dead
$>>then) and I have to kill and restart the server and clients.
$
$VTs are documented to not work with the laserview.  Don't use them.  This is
$a problem with the laserview server code (possibly because of some hardware
$problems) not with X generically.

   The release notes with ISC's X11 1.2 claim that this is fixed for the 2.2
 release of the OS.

--
 sking at nowhere			      | better to remain unseen
..!cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!nowhere!sking |    and be thought a fool