How much does source cost?

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Fri Nov 9 08:42:52 AEST 1990

>This just goes to show that Unix truly is the product good enough
>that even AT&T cannot kill.  Support Mach in your lifetime.

You'll have to support more than just Mach, as has been pointed out more
times than I care to remember - the AT&T-free parts of Mach don't even
include, as I remember, replacements for the functionality of the
traditional UNIX kernel, much less libraries and utilities atop it.  For
the rest, you'll probably have to look to 4.4BSD or GNU....