ESIX and MCA

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Mon Nov 19 00:28:54 AEST 1990

In article <5683 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:

>One of the things I have done is rule out getting ESIX for the system that I'm
>proposing in the next few months.  Reason being that security hole that was
>mentioned awhile back.  Since the machine in question will be used as a
>mailhost and gateway, it would be very foolish to use an OS with even the
>HINT of a security hole.

Why don't you just using Esix and install smail in place of sendmail?  The
sendmail problem doesn't seem like enough of a reason to slam the door shut
on Esix.

The things I've heard about Interactive and SCO do *NOT* lead me to believe
they are all so great themselves...  It seems that ALL of the available
products have their own unique problems.

--
home:	...!{uunet,bloom-beacon,esegue}!world!unixland!bill
	bill at unixland.uucp,  bill%unixland.uucp at world.std.com
	Public Access Unix  - Esix SYSVR3 - (508) 655-3848
other:	heiser at world.std.com   Public Access Unix (617) 739-9753