SCO's V.4 plans <was: ^3 What ....... Dell UNIX V.4>

Chin Fang fangchin at elaine50.stanford.edu
Fri Nov 30 13:25:16 AEST 1990

Unfortunately, ESIX FFS is no longer a true Berkeley FFS as it was implemented
by Mr. Micheal Burg a while back.  Three OS programmers in ESIX development
team reworked the long file name feature and made it unavailable to most
users unless you like to install manually (and other than /).  Please take my
word, because calling ESIX regarding this is a waste of your money as I have
tried.  It's is not that ESIX support boys are not willing to help.  It is
because their current policy is that only people working on a piece of code,
get to see that piece of code.

I thank Mr. Micheal Burg's inside info regarding the long file name for ESIX.
It is sad that is WAS a Berkeley FFS, but IS NOT  now as available in rev.D.
At least you won't be able to get a boot loader capable to recognize the
true Berkeley FFS from ESIX, period.

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Department
Stanford University