Unix & X-Windows on 386SX

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Tue Nov 27 04:43:58 AEST 1990

palowoda at fiver (Bob Palowoda) writes:

> Anyways it is a sad day when
>buyers are willing to pay more to take a feature out of product. C2 is
>not part of UNIX. It's part of the goverment. I like ISC idea you buy
>it in a different package. What's wrong with that.

	Let's be precise here. C2 is not "part of the government". It is
a certified (or certifiable) level of security, which many systems must
now meet to qualify for government use. Of course, many in the commercial
sector require that level of security, or higher.

	Apropos this thread, ISC offers their own family of integrated
UN*X components and applications (the Architech series). UNIX Today! ran
a comparison of Dell's 3.2 and SCO's ODT some months back. (Can't give an
issue date without searching, since UT! doesn't index.)