File system performance

Bill Heiser bill at unixland.uucp
Sun Nov 11 12:37:32 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov9.220931.2091 at everex.uucp> jde at everex.uucp (-Jeff Ellis()) writes:
>In article <1990Nov5.225213.11920 at unixland.uucp> bill at unixland.uucp (Bill Heiser) writes:
>>No, Esix has a 14 character limit on filename length.
>
>Yes and no. If the ESIX FFS partion is made with the -sysv option then
>you are limited to 14 characters. Otherwise its 256 characters. Our
>default in our install script is with the -sysv.

If I were to re-install, making sure the -sysv option is NOT used, would
there be any side effects?  Would the FFS still work properly, for example?

--
home:	...!{uunet,bloom-beacon,esegue}!world!unixland!bill
	bill at unixland.uucp,  bill%unixland.uucp at world.std.com
	Public Access Unix  - Esix SYSVR3 - (508) 655-3848
other:	heiser at world.std.com   Public Access Unix (617) 739-9753