Adaptec 1522 question

Jeffrey H. Skaletsky - SSE Sun SFValley - 818-905-0200 jeff at birdsong.West.Sun.COM
Wed Nov 14 09:53:07 AEST 1990

In article <4748 at rsiatl.UUCP> jgd at rsiatl.UUCP (John G. DeArmond) writes:

>The service manager at this store recommended a controller I've never heard
>of.  Since they did not carry the controller, I have no reason to suspect
>the advice but I'd still like to hear from others.  The controller is an
>Always (brand) IN-2000.  The manager claimed that it out-performed the
>Adaptec controller (which one?) in their tests and that it comes with
>drivers for Interactive Unix, DOS and Novell.  He said that it is made
>in America and is Good Stuff.  Anyone heard of this beast?

I have one, but have not used it other than for testing a system with
its built-in floppy controller (I'm awaiting delivery of my 330MB disk).
Docs are okay, and it came with disks for DOS, Novell and SCO. (I'm checking
now whether that's Xenix or Unix) My dealer told me that it's very fast
compared to other common SCSI adapters, but I can't remember if he was
also referring to the Adaptec.  He (Tim Laren of Hacker Electronics of
Chatsworth, Ca - 818-882-7980) told me that he's selling it for about
$230-$240, I think.

They told me a few weeks ago that they're just finishing up Interactive
support, and had no plans as yet for ESIX.

Always is in Westlake Village, CA (just west of the San Fernando Valley);
their number is (818) 597-1400, and their Unix tech. person is Rich
Wagner.  So far, they've been pretty good in answering questions, etc.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Skaletsky N6TJO  Sun Microsystems SF Valley/Gold Coast Dists. (818)905-0200
jeff.skaletsky at West.Sun.COM : jeff at poseur.jpl.nasa.gov : jeff at quake.sylmar.ca.us