What ....... Dell UNIX V.4

Dewey Coffman dewey at dell.dell.com
Thu Nov 8 11:15:36 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov07.014539.10187 at scuzzy.in-berlin.de> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) writes:
>wnp at iiasa.AT (wolf paul) writes:
>>)Dell will also
>>)offer an upgrade kit to allow users of Dell UNIX System V Release
>>)3.2 to upgrade to Dell UNIX SVR4.  The upgrade kit is priced at
>>)$399 and will also be available from Dell in late November.
>
>>Now there is a decent upgrade offer. I am sorry I did not start out with Dell's
>>UNIX.
>
>what is "DELL UNIX SVR4"? the runtime system? or does it include the
>development system, tcp/ip, nfs, etc? in the latter case it would be
>a real cheap upgrade!

	It includes the development systems (AT&T ANSI C, X11R4, Xview)
	TCP/IP, NFS, PC-Interface, SLIP, DOS-Merge, RCS, emacs, gdb
	Cnews, rn, nn, nntp, elm, mh.... lots more.

	Some of other people selling V.4 are selling the the 1.0 verison.
	Dell's verison is 2.0, this has all sort of enhancements and bug
	fixes that are not in the 1.0 verison.

	To get on the Dell V.4 mailing list (Snail Mail) send your postal
	address to:

	info at dell.com
	uunet!info
--
	Dewey Coffman
	Dell Computer Corp.
	9505 Arboretum Blvd.		DOMAIN: dewey at dell.com
	Austin, TX 78759-7299 		UUCP: dell!dewey, sooner!dewey