corrupt floppy driver?

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Thu Nov 22 23:57:42 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov20.160931.22784 at mercury.cair.du.edu> tjreynol at zephyr.cair.du.edu (Tim) writes:
>We have reason to believe our floopy driver is bogus.

What are the reasons?  I tend to doubt that you really have a floppy
driver problem and without an explanation I couldn't tell you what the
problem might be.

>can some one using Interactive Unix 2.2 send me a copy of
>/dev/rdsk/f1q15dt

First off, that would be a violation of ISCs copyright, but disregarding
that, the /dev entry is not the floppy driver.  The floppy driver is in an
entry under /etc/conf/pack.d and if one of those portions of you system is
corrupted, then you should treat the entire installation as corrupted and
restore from backup.

If you think that your kernel has taken a hit, rebuild it.  If the floppy
driver is really trashed, your rebuild will *probably* fail.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170