UHC Info/Re: UN*X Vendors -- big list (long)

Per Andersson perand at admin.kth.se
Mon Nov 19 02:51:45 AEST 1990

In article <330 at metran.UUCP> jay at metran.UUCP (Jay Ts) writes:
>Now, to defend myself a bit, why do you people want Sys Vr4, anyway?  I'm
>definitely waiting maybe 6 mos. or so until a few of the bugs are worked
>out.  (Maybe ESIX will release a product around then...)

Well, easy :

Job control.
SunOS file system architecture
Better integrated networking
Long filenames
More berkeley features (= more PD programs too )

Probably a lot more....
If you had used a BSD/SunOS machine you would know, I think.

Per
--
Per Andersson (perand at admin.kth.se, perand at stacken.kth.se)
Trying a new job at Bofors Electronics,