ESIX: cu does not detect dropped line.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Fri Nov 23 15:47:33 AEST 1990

In article <KAYVAN.90Nov22013215 at mrspoc.Transact.COM> Kayvan Sylvan writes:
>I have the ESIX 5.3.2 D on a 386 with 4 Meg of RAM and a Fujitsu
>M2263E ESDI drive in it. It runs great!!
>I have a Telebit Trailblazer Plus modem hooked into COM1.
>In Devices, I have all the ``line'' references ending with ",M" and
>that should enforce the modem control.
>
>The problem: When I use cu to dial into another system, when I log out
>and the line is dropped, cu sits there still waiting for input. It's
>almost as if the modem control does not work. I have to do "~." to get
>back to the shell.

Check your devices.  The minor number should 128 higher for lines with
modem control.  Here is part of my /dev directory:

crw-rw-rw-   1 root     root       3,  0 Nov 22 20:16 /dev/tty00
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     root       3,  1 Nov 22 20:16 /dev/tty01

If i wanted modem control on say tty00 I would do something like this:

mknod ttym00 c 3 128

Then use ttym00 in the various uucp files and inittab.  See if that helps.

NOTE:  This works with ESIX 3.2 Rel B, C or D.  See asy(7) for more details
or for other versions of Unix.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   I support gun control.